Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Is there a good way to restore lost gum line?

I have recently been doing some 'at home' dental work on myself, and scraped away a good 5 years of plauqe. Well, underneath all the plauqe is nothingness, where gum used to be, and I'd like to get it back so that I can have a full healthy smile. However, I lack insurance and the money to see a dentist. Is there any way I can get my gum line back without spending a lot of money? Is it even possible to regrow gum line?
--------------------
No, there is no way to regrow or restore a receded gum line. Options that an orthodontist could discuss with you would be to cover the exposed roots with porcelain, which would make it look better and reduce root sensitivity. More aggressive option would be gingival transplants, but these are less predictable. As always, discuss these and any questions with your physician. Most public health systems include some measure of basic dental care, so check your local services.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment