Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dental hygiene students can do free cleaning on me?

I recently got dental x-rays done since my gums bleed every time i brush. Dentist said I need to get deep cleaning done. Since I have no insurance, he said it will cost $500!! which is ridiculous, I am a college student, I cant afford this. My college has no dental hygiene program, however my friend told me I could try to get free cleaning done by dental hygiene students. Can they do it for FREE? do i have to be a student at their college or not? please let me know.
--------------------
I know that this answer is correct since I teach at a dental hygiene college. Many of the students are so desperate for patients that they will pay the fee for the patient. "Deep cleaning" or periodontal patients are in great demand for these students to meet their requirements. There is one set fee for all cleanings, so it doesn't matter how many appointments you need for cleaning. One word of warning though -- you will need many, many appointments to get this cleaning done. While it would be 4 or 5 appointments at the dentist's office, this can easily be 10 appointments by a student. If you have the time, go for it.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment