Wednesday, June 8, 2011

How much is corrective jaw surgery cost? (Underbite)?

I don't have severe case but you can definitely notice my jaw is irregular. I'm a chronic mouth breather and that's probably the cause. I have insurance from work(regeance preferred), the work also gives me separate dental which is different insurance company. What's the price range for the surgery if the insurance doesn't cover it.
--------------------
You have 3 options. The first is a very involved surgery where they literally remove the lower jaw and move it forward. It involves several doctors and a dentist to create a new bite. This is a very major surgery and, thus, quite expensive. I cannot give you a price range for this. There are 2 options that are much easier, with just 5-7 days downtime, and far cheaper. The first is a sliding Genioplasty. This is where the doctor saws off a small part of your lower jaw and moves it forward, securing it with titanium screws. You could also consider a chin implant (which I regret not getting). This will give quite dramatic results, but may not look as natural as the other methods. These 2 options will both total approx. $2500-$4,000, depending on where you live and your doctor. Insurance will probably not pay for any of these procedures b/c they'll consider it elective cosmetic surgery.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment