Friday, June 24, 2011

Can someone help with my Cobra Insurance situation?

My cobra insurance was terminated last year in December because I did not make any payments. I thought that my payments were being automatically taken from my banking account, but I had mistaken another bill with a similar amount as being the cobra bill. Anyway, I was told that I could write a maximum of 2 appeals. The second would be written to my job and they would determine if they would continue coverage. I don't exactly know what to put in my letter to my employer regarding my coverage. It's the high option dental coverage. In the first letter I wrote this: Hello, my name is _______. My account number is ____________. I am appealing my election of the high option dental plan for myself. I am also appealing because I did not know my coverage was terminated until I called the customer service department today. I was under the impression that my monthly payments of $31.00 were automatically being taken from my bank account. I would be greatly appreciative if my dental coverage were to be reinstated. Thank you for your time. This is the second appeal I am writing: Hello. My name is _________. My account number is _______. I am writing in regards of my election of the high option dental plan for myself. I am appealing because I did not know that my coverage was terminated until I called the Customer Service Department a few days ago. Through fault of my own I was under the impression that the payments were automatically being deducted from my banking account, yet, I had mistaken the payments of another bill similar in amount with my Cobra bill. However, it was not my intention that this missed payment be interpreted as a notice that I wished to discontinue my coverage. I would appreciate consideration that you reinstate my COBRA coverage back dated to December 1, 2009 and if this appeal is accepted I will remit payments equal to the cost of coverage through the end of December. I will have no problem paying on time. I need dental benefits very much. I need four wisdom teeth taken out among other services that need to be taken care of. I am a full time student attending college. Thank you for your time. That might sound cheesy but I am nervous. This is my last chance and I really need to get this right. I need this insurance very much. I absolutely can not afford to wait 6 months with private insurance. This is the only benefit that I chose to keep when I got my coverage. Should I tell them what else needs to be done with my teeth? That I have car payments every two weeks? That I am in college? HELP! Thanks!
--------------------
health-quotes.talk4fun.net - I switched to this health insurance from them, cause it gives much cheaper rates for m?.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment