Friday, June 24, 2011

I'm looking for health insurance! I need help! Please.?

I see the difference in prices, copayments and annual deductables. But I'm not sure I know what everything means. I'm from PA, 23 years old, havent had insurance since I was 19. I want something that includes dental. I'm willing to pay UP TO $250 a month. Thats the absoulte max and I really cant afford that either. I just need to know what to look for so I dont get ripped off! P.S. What does PPO mean? Thank you for your help!
--------------------
The whole thing is a rip-off. Be sure to inform your Senators and Representative of the result of your search. There are two main kinds of insurance, HMO and PPO. HMO is Health Maintenance Organization and PPO is Preferred Provider. With HMO, you use their doctors, period. With PPO, you can use member doctors for a co-pay , or you can use out-of-network and they pay some percentage, depending on the plan. The price if you are getting it yourself is higher than in a group of any kind. But since you are young, it should be a better than normal rate, provided you don't need health insurance. If they think you have any reason to need health insurance (known as a pre-existing condition) they will either charge a lot or not sell you a plan. As for dental, most plans don't cover it. There are separate dental plans; for instance Aetna has one.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment