Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dental payment/Invisalign?

I staring Invisalign at a new dental office about 9 months ago and was told it would be $1500 total out of pocket (after my insurance). I paid the amount and when I went in for my appointment on monday there was a new receptionist and she asked me if I was going to make a payment today. When I told her I already paid in full she told me that I still had a balance of $1500. I guess what happened is that the receptionist that used to be there messed up a lot and was fired. I never received a print out of the total cost and was only told what it would be. They apologized a lot and told me that they might be able to give me a discount and that I could make payments, but they did acknowledge that it was their fault and told me that they could work something out so they didn't lose me as a patient. But I don't think that I should have to pay for an office mistake and if I knew it was going to be that much I wouldn't have done it. Is there anything I can do about this, isn't there a problem with ethics or something legally wrong with this?
--------------------
FYI, just to have the dental lab make these custom aligners for you costs a separate fee NOT PAID BY INSURANCE. Your dentist has to pay this cost, so he bills you for it. THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO NOT HAVE TO PAY THIS FEE, The true problem is this whole cost affair was inadequately explained to you. Your insurance can cover a part of INVISALIGN but not all the costs associated with it.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment