Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Getting braces...switching insurance?

Hi I am thinking about getting braces...but I may be switching insurance providers. Right now, I have this discount plan that gives discounts on medical, vision and dental services or costs called Ameriplan. But I am getting married in a year and my husband/fiance is in the military so I will be switching to his healthcare insurance, which I believe is Tricare. If I switch insurance companies will my new insurance(tricare) providers care for my braces even though it was preexisting? I do not mean that cost, I only mean the exams, the tightening that needs to be done with braces and etc? Thanks.
--------------------
Having braces isn't the same pre-existing condition as compared in healthcare. Switching over to another insurance basically means your previous insurance will cease payments and your new insurance will just pick up where you were. My advice, since I work in dental and handle insurances, is that you make sure your husband's Tricare policy covers orthodontics. Once you know it covers orthodontics, and you find out the maximum and the percentage it pays out, you should be fine. Tricare pays very well, they take care of their own.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment