Saturday, July 9, 2011

How much do you pay for health insurance per month?

Just your portion/ per month / your age I am 30 and did not choose a health plan at work because I think $170 a month for basic HMO is too much for a single healthy person. I used to pay $60 with dental and vision at my last job (which I know is really cheap). When I interviewed here they told me they had a great health plan. Well, guess what they lied! I will definatly be asking more questions about health insurance when I talk salary for my next position.
--------------------
HMO is $300 a month for medical, dental and vision coverage, $25 copay for an office visit, and a $300 deductible for inpatient care. You can expect to pay $100 per month per person for full major medical coverage. I agree with you that $170 a month for just you is unreasonable. Cal a local BCBS agent and get a quote, if you are healthy and have no major health concerns, take no prescriptions, etc. you can do better with a private policy, but you should compare carefully, a cheaper policy could mean a larger deductible. Look at the deductibles and coinsurance on the group plan. If you are not healthy or have some major health concerns, you need to take the coverage on your job.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment