Saturday, July 9, 2011

What can I do if my dentist is not returning the insurance money that I laid out?

I am having extensive dental work done. The total amount was $53,000.00. The dentist said that I would have to pay upfront. Any anything that the insurance covered they would send to me. They said it would only take three visits. It has now been almost 2 years...I am not even 1/2 way done and he has received an additional 11,000.00 from FSA and insurance. He is not returning this money...he is missing appts. with me. Who do I contact...BBB, an attorney the ADA...help!!!
--------------------
First contact the dentist and see if you can get this all straightened out between you. Start keeping records of everything that has happened since you first saw him up to the present time. Include his treatment plan, estimates, insurance correspondence and payments made by them and you, all telephone calls and written correspondence, and the efforts you have made to complete and pay for this work. If you get no satisfaction, the next step would be to contact your states dental association and find out the process of how to file a grievance complaint against this dentist. Then if all else fails you need to see an attorney for advice. Remember, the more documentation you can amass, the better your chances to prevail are and get this resolved to your satisfaction. You may also wish to contact your insurance company and let them be aware of the situation and what is happening. Good luck to you.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment