Sunday, August 14, 2011

Afraid of boyfriend/husband leaving me if I loose teeth?

I have kept a secret from my boyfriend for a long time-that I have some problem teeth that I may loose in the future. I've held onto them for a long time but they are very weak from root canals and could crack and break off any day. I've also had a severe teeth grinding problem in which the enamel is worn off my molars making my molars very short. My boyfriend wants to marry me. Should I mention to him my problems about my teeth before marriage to make sure it is something he can handle/cope with if I loose teeth or should I assume that if he loves me he wouldn't divorce me if I lost teeth during our marriage? Tooth loss could interfere with my ability to eat/nutrition for the baby if I am pregnant. I could replace them with dental implants but don't think I could afford them right now as dental insurance doesn't cover implants. Afraid my boyfriend won't find me attractive anymore with missing teeth and will leave me. This anxiety about tooth loss and my boyfriend/husband leaving me because of it is causing me to feel depressed. I am fairly young (31 years old) and wish I didn't have to worry about a man leaving me because of tooth loss.
--------------------
Marriage is for better or worse. If you plan on being married for along period of time, you stand to lose more physically than just teeth. If you or your fiance can not cope with this idea than maybe you should re consider marriage.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment