Sunday, August 14, 2011

Can't afford a filling, what should I do?

My dental insurance now only covers cleanings and x-rays. I have a large cavity in my molar. It's been hurting for a few weeks now, mostly at night. The latest development is a different kind of pain. Now in addition to the deep ache that keeps me up at night, whenever I eat it feels like I'm chewing tinfoil (even though I keep all food away from that side.) When I spit after brushing my teeth, I get the same feeling. I don't have any income right now and insurance won't cover the filling. I refuse to get an extraction, I'd rather die. Is there any other option?
--------------------
Ideally talk to your dentist. You may be able to work something out with him. If you can't then get some temporary filling stuff from the chemist. Put it in the cavity according to the instructions. Then, as soon as you can get it dealt with at the dentist properly. Keep the area really clean as well.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment