Sunday, August 14, 2011

What are the sudden bumps I have in my inner gums?

Quite suddenly I have these hard bumps in my lower inner gums. They're not painful, yet. I think it may be teeth growing out from within the gums, but they're behind those pointy teeth towards the front, not back at the molars, so I dont think they're wisdoms. Though my top wisdoms did grow out a long time ago but my bottom ones never did. I am 38 and have never had dental health problems. Wouldnt it be unusual for teeth to be growing out at this age? What are the possibilities here? Obviously I'll go see a dentist but I want to have an idea. Also I have no dental insurance and wonder if anyone knows of any help I could get in that regard? Thank you.
--------------------
They will be mandibular tori - harmless bony growths often found on the inner surface of lower front jaw, mid-palate, and outer surfaces of upper and lower jaws near the molars. They require no treatment unless you are having a denture made that would interfere with them. I'm going to have my lower jaw outer ones removed soon because I bump and scratch them when eating. Just annoying.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment