Sunday, August 14, 2011

Will the army fix my teeth?

I have signed my enlistment contract but i heard the army does a dental check up. Unfortunately i know i have gingivitis from not taking care of my teeth at a young age and not having any dental insurance to get it taken care of. What will they do. I heard they might replace my teeth? How do they do that-- implants or dentures? I have the receding gums and everything. And do they talk to you alone or infront of other future soldiers? I just don't want to feel embarassed. I hate the dentist I used to goto- he was so mean.
--------------------
Yes. If it's still the same as it was when I joined the Navy 40 years ago you will be given an exam and categorized 1, 2 or 3. (1 = good condition, 2 = fair, and 3 = major work needed). Those who needed extensive work were placed in a special holding unit for dental work. The Navy had excellent dentists and I got very good treatment. They will perform whatever work you need provided you are located near a major military facility. If not, you will be referred to a civilian dentist. Keep in mind, however, that I served a while back and things may have changed. Good luck to you and thank you in advance for serving our country. Chief Petty Officer U.S. Navy, Retired 1968-1990
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment