Friday, August 5, 2011

gingivitis during pregnancy?

how would they treat it? im 14 weeks, can i have a xray done during pregnnacy? i had no dental insurance for the last 5 years, my gums bled everynight before i got pregnant, well i now have insurance for dental but it only covers what medicaid would ( i have caresource) xrays, cleaning, cavities, dentures, and root canals on back teeth im not really sure what to do, i am unemployed and i've applied for every loan i could for dental (please dont be rude) anything i can do or do you think medicaid will go ahead and pay for it if its a bad medical problem, they bleed at night and my guns are swollen and im 14 weeks pregnant so its making it worse (and when i brush my teeth)
--------------------
gum problems increase during pregnancy, and medicaid will typically not cover dental issues. unfortunately, my dentist told me that there's not much they can do for these kinds of issues--you just have to grin and bear it. What I did to make it a little better was get sensitive teeth toothpaste and an electric toothbrush for around ten dollars...my gums bleed more than they used to, but I'm not having any more problems so far. I'm 25 weeks.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment