Friday, August 5, 2011

I have a question about dentist fees?

When you go to the Dentist office, do they usually charge you more if you have insurance as opposed to paying cash? I mean, like for example, for a teeth cleaning, let's say with cash they charge you $60 but with insurance they charge like $90 and insurance covers like $60 so you end up paying $30? Just because you have dental insurance, would they up the price like the example I gave here? I don't mean you pay more, I just mean do they up the actual price because of insurance and they know that you don't have insurance so they lower the price? How does that work out? thanks!
--------------------
Actually charging different fee's for the same procedure is illegal. You must charge the same fee to all patient's whether they have insurance or not.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment