Friday, August 5, 2011

SafeGuard HMO vs MetLife Max Plus?

I am currently regarded as a dependent under my dad's dental insurance (SafeGuard HMO). I visited the dentist yesterday and I need treatment totaling out to $2700. I'm thinking I should get a second opinion under a different insuarance. Would it be cheaper if I moved to my own employer's insurance (MetLife Max Plus)? Does anyone know if this is a good insurance company? Will I be paying less?? I've had bad experiences in the past with dental offices charging me A LOT. I've learned my lesson, and now I'm weary about any work that is "required" to be done on my teeth.
--------------------
The best would be to get a second opinion from another doctor on your dads plan. (Get a providers list and ask around with family and friends and see if there is anyone else they recommend that is on that list). About changing plans. All insurance companies differ by employer. You can always get a print out of coverage from your HR director as to estimated premiums and coverage. You can compare that to what your dad's insurance company covers. Insurance companies can be a pain in the butt sometimes, but I would at least start with a second opinion form another doctor. You are right, there are a lot of them that are in it for money because of the economy and all.... so just be careful. Many dentists will provide a free consultation as well, you just have to call around. Go with your gut instinct though! Usually it will be right... (like if the office is kept up nice, or all the employees are just hanging out and goofing off....) Just be careful! Good luck to you!!!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment