Friday, August 5, 2011

Root planing vs. fillings?

One dentists said I need a full mouth debridement and 4 root planings (four quads) at $215 each an these fillings on 8F , 2MO and 2 OM. Cost $1030 The other dentist said I need fillings of 3 ODLB, 4B. 5B, 8MF, 9MF, 19 MOB. and no debridement or root planings. Cost $1190. So I'm confused. I have no dental insurance either. Which would be the better option??? In addition, after the exam, the second opinion dentist actually asked me if I had had my teeth cleaned recently which I hadnt! if that helps. These fillings are mostly along the gumline where I have brushed too hard receding the gums and allowing them to decay a bit I guess. One filling is a replacement for on going bad.
--------------------
That is quite a difference. May I ask what made you get a second opinion? Since you have a second opinion, and they are completely different, I would get a third opinion. There is a big difference b/n what the first two dentists say you need. Out of it all I would be concerned about the possible gum disease. Get a third opinion, and then I think you will have a much better picture to make an informed decision. Good luck!!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment