Friday, August 5, 2011

Wisdom teeth extraction?

Three of my wisdom teeth have grown in properly, however one has not and I'm trying to get all four of them removed to get it done and over with and to relieve me of any further complications down the line. I have dental insurance and all four extractionS are free, however considering one of me teeth is impacted the (only) dental surgeon at my dentist requires that I be put to sleep for this process, under general anetisia which costs $475 dollars, the extractions are free, but not the anestia that HE OH SO REQUIRES. My mom DOES NOT want me to go under because she just not trust this place, considering I have one broken tooth due to them filling it with too much emalgum and may need to a root canal and crown because of it also one of my fillings cracked. My mother is very displeased with their service and we're going to switch dental places. BUT, DO YOU THINK THEY'RE JUST OUT TO GET MONEY? DO YOU THINK THAT IT ISN'T NECESSARY TO GO UNDER IF THERE'S ONLY ONE WISDOM TOOTH THAT IS IMPACTED? We don't have $475 for this procedure, but do you think this sounds CORRECT? Like the proper thing, I truly think they're just out to get money, which most places are, but I found this frustrating. And during my consultation, the oral surgeon who is only there on Monday's and Friday's was very touchy feely. And the guy who helps and checks your insurance plan at the front desk didn't want to tell us that if the doctor gave me just regular anestisia like the shot in the gum that it too WOULD BE FREE. He didn't want to say it, but he did, after my mom asked him a 2nd time. What do you think?
--------------------
I honestly thing the dentist is trying to rip you off. First of all, I had all four of my wisdom teeth that were impacted taken out all at once, and I didn't even go under anesthesia. My oral surgeon gave me the option in order to make me feel comfortable. He gave my tons of shots in my mouth to numb it and he also gave my laughing gas to calm me down. I listened to my ipod and was fine. If I were you I would definitely go to a new dentist. Also, 475 is a lot for the procedure, I think my dentist asked for 350. If I could stay awake throughout the procedure of 4 impacted teeth getting pulled out all at once, then you can surely do it without being put out!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment