Monday, August 1, 2011

question on my root canal?

ok i broke my tooth like 7 months ago , my front left tooth is broken in half. like cut straight. i had it checked but the dentist said it would cost $1500 for the half tooth. i did not accept it because i did not have the money for it. with no insurance also. and its now 7 months from then and now i got a bump. now my question is. should i get it taken care of it now? the problem is not getting the half tooth fixed. its the root canal now. still with no insurance, my company has told me i need to work for 2 more months before i get my dental insurance and im just wondering how long can a root canal last? can i last 2 more months to finally get some dental insurance or should i get it fix now? and btw i really have no clue what a root canal can do to you, the damage it does if u dont get it fixed. so if anyone knows please post and give me advice..man i have having no insurance...
--------------------
I hate it too. Trust me. I had the same problem with health insurance and lost lots of teeth before I got some. the 1500 was for a root canal and crown. Because simple repair work would have been cheaper. That means your tooth was damaged beyond a big chip. You didn't save month or lose money by waiting, you just put it off. A root canal can last from a month to twenty years. Depending on the skill of the dentist. Bad dentist means you waste money. The lump is an abcess. truth? People will say you might die if you don't get it treated cause it's an infection and some people "do" die from infections. But, people wihtout money or insurance? I know lots and lots of people have abcesses. If it doesn't bother you, and you willing to risk it, just wait two months. The tooth is already dead. It's not going to get deader. BUT, insurance usually has a pre-exisiting condition clause. Says if you already have something going on, you pay for it until nine months. So check out your insurance. It might (and probably does) have the clause. Most do. So you not saving money either. I'd go to your local dental college and see if they can let a student work on you for cheaper. Or call around and see if your local free clinic knows any free dental clinics. what can a root canal do to you? Make you feel better. BAD ones make you feel worse. If you don't get it fixed, the abcess WILL grow bigger and hurt more. It depends on your pain tolerance threshold. It makes you lose bone mass in your jaw. BUT if you can live with it? It's up to you. No one can see the loss of bone mass.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment