Monday, August 1, 2011

Which is cheeper?

I am 25 and need alot of dental work, I am looking into braces but I need alot of work done before then. Of course no insurance covers braces for adults. Here at work the insurance used to cover adults I recently left and came back so I get to wait 3 months again before I can get insurance again. My question is I have over 9,000 dollars worth of work my insurance covers 5,000 and I am responsible for the other 4,000 if I buy an outside insurance to cover the remainding 4,000 is that good? Do I actually pay anything out of pocket besides the copay? Can I present 2 dental insurances. I think it would be cheeper but I really dont know I dont really understand how it works please help.
--------------------
You must ask if the second insurance will coordinate benefits with another insurance. If so, you are in luck and will probably not have to pay much out of pocket. If they have a non-duplication of benefits clause, then don't even bother purchasing it because they will not pay anything over what the first insurance pays.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment