Thursday, August 4, 2011

Severe pain.....help (tooth infection)?

I was experiencing some major tooth pain so I went to the doctors (because I don't have dental insurance right now). She gave me some amoxicillin/antibiotics and naproxen but right now it feels worse then it did three days ago. I thought by now the amoxicillin would have kicked in.........at least enough to ease the pain! And besides that, the naproxen just barely (and I do mean JUST barely) makes it bearable. Right now I'm sick to my stomach and quivering (crying too)....... help!!! Please.
--------------------
If the infection is too bad and has spread no amount of antibiotic will stop your pain. Also, naproxen has nasty stomach side effects. Try 800 mg of ibuprofen (do not bother with more it won't help you) with an Excedrin headache pill. The caffeine in that pill seems to be effective for tooth pain. You need dental care just as soon as you can get it. I'm very sorry about your pain. I've been there my friend. Do you have a homeless shelter near by? I know that sounds awful but I've actually had to take dental care from there in my past.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment