Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sore teeth during pregnancy???

I know it's normal to have sore gums during pregnancy.. but my case is different. I have a cavity and it hurts a lot. It's been hurting for 3 weeks now. I just got a new job and my medical did not go thru yet. I have to wait one more month for it to get process. Will my cavity hurt my baby or could harm it....I'm thirteen weeks pregnant by the way. Should I just go to the dentist and pay the price.... how much does it usually cost with no dental insurance... (I'm from Hawaii).. Please answer.. thank you...
--------------------
I had a bad tooth problem in my pregnancy too. I had a wisdom tooth break on me. Unfortunately, my dentist refused to work on it until I delivered because I was in my third trimester. He told me they prefer to do all dental work in the second trimester. I also used Tylenol for the pain, as it was safe, but it didn't help too much. I think you need to contact some local dentists to find out if and when they will treat a pregnant woman, and how much it will cost. They will work with you on the payment if you won't have insurance.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment