Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wisdom teeth pulled during pregnancy?

I'm not pregnant yet but I'm working on getting new health insurance that covers dental. The plan I have through work doesn't cover dental so I have to pay for my own plan. I need to have my wisdom teeth pulled. If theres a chance I get pregnant before I can get it done will they still do it? There would be no way I could go through 9 months of this pain. I can't afford to pay cash for the procedure. Has anyone had dental work done while pregnant?
--------------------
the first and the last trimester of your pregnancy is not safe for any dental treatments. The second trimester is all right ( ie, 4-6 mnths) . But remember to wear a lead jacket before any xrays taken. the radiation affects the baby !
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment