Thursday, December 30, 2010

Can I find out if the custodial parent is providing dental insurance for our child?

I am required to pay for half of our child's dental bills. The custodial parent provides me with a copy of a bill that shows what was paid and then I send a check in the mail for half. I noticed on one of the recent bills that it showed something about estimated insurance. I began suspecting that it may be possible that dental insurance is being provided for our child, the bill is being paid upfront, the bill is then given to me, then a claim is being submitted to insurance to get reimbursed for the full/partial amount after I have already reimbursed half. Due to HIPAA regulations, I know it's not going to be possible for me to ask the dentist if dental insurance is being provided by the custodial parent. Based on past experiences with the custodial parent - if this was happening, I wouldn't be too surprised. I just want to know if there's any way I could go about finding out. I understand I could just go ask the custodial parent, but I already know that's going to be pointless. I was going to go see the dentist and ask if it is possible to be billed separately for half each visit, but I'm not sure if that is possible or not. I was just wondering if anyone else had any ideas or suggestions. Thanks.
--------------------
health-quotes.talk4fun.net - here is my health insurance plan. As I remember they can provide such a service.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment