Thursday, December 30, 2010

No dental insurance for my 18 month old? Emergency!?

My 18 month old needs to see a dentist right away, but we literally JUST took him off our dental insurance. (He's my first, I never foresaw something like this or we wouldve never been so stupid!) We were in the ER last night after he fell off a toy and busted his right front tooth. I need to make an appointment for him today, are there any places that are low cost or do I need to just make him an appointment at a regular pediatric dentist? Please help! Thanks. Sincerely, Worried Mommy
--------------------
Take him to a pediatric dentist. They will likely give you a price quote for the initial visit on the phone, because the initial visit is typically just an exam and maybe x-rays. After the exam the dentist will give you an estimate based on what needs to be done. Most dentists today have some type of financing program available if you have decent credit, so you can ask them about that - it's not through the dentist directly, but with a finance company that has special programs set up for dental work.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment