Thursday, December 30, 2010

Is there a waiting period when you switch dental insurance?

When I signed up for my dental insurance, they said since I had insurance with another company already (for the previous 4 yrs) that there was no waiting period, so I end up getting dental work done and then they sold their company to someone else who says the exact opposite, but I have the original app that was submitted online with the original dental card, so can they deny my claim? I am submitting my proof to them, but would like some feedback, thanks.
--------------------
Refer to the package you received from them after applying. This is something that will be, should be and must be, included in summary of benefits. What ever is stated there is what the deal is, it's written contract basically, usually in most cases you have 10 days to look at it, and decide if you want to keep it or not. There are some companies out there that will waive waiting period if you had prior coverage, so yes it's possible. Good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment