Monday, December 27, 2010

Health and Dental Insurance for a Model?

Hello all. I'm a male model, age 23, who is looking to get dental and health insurance. I've been without insurance for a year now (ever since I graduated college and was taken off my parents' plan.), and I know very little about how health insurance works. Of the little that I do know, most health insurance is provided through one's employer, but due to the uniqueness of my occupation, I do not have an employer through which I can derive these benefits. I also travel a lot and am not in a single area for very much time. I know that most health care plans are regionalized, which is not good if I'm in Miami for 4 months, New York for 3, and then LA for 5. I'm assuming that I need a plan that will cover me wherever I go. So for me this is a very daunting task and I have no idea how to get started. Can anyone fill me in or recommend how I should go about this?
--------------------
You should go through a sales agent or broker if you don't know a lot about health insurance--someone who knows the business and can shop with you to find what fits your needs best. UnitedHealthcare covers you across the country--just one suggestion of a non-regional health insurance company. They offer dental too.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment