Monday, December 27, 2010

In regards to dental/vision insurance, do they have pre-existing condition clauses? Is it worth it?

I am thinking about getting dental/vision insurance (I'm working a temp job right now) but I'm not sure if it's worth it for a few months until I find full-time employment (with all the benefit goodies). Do they also look at gaps in insurance (I haven't had dental insurance in almost a year; long story) or pre-existing conditions like health insurance does? I haven't visited my dentist in a year and I have mulled over the low-cost/no cost clinics vs. getting dental insurance and paying insane amounts of money just for some guy to irrigate the quadrants of my mouth. Anyone have any information on this?
--------------------
Take care of your teeth, anyway you can - wait and suffer the consequences! No, Insurance companies do not refuse or penalize people for preexisting conditions - that would be nuts. Start with a teeth cleaning appointment, and pretend to be shocked, yes shocked that your teeth are in such a deplorable condition, and require work.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment