Monday, December 27, 2010

If my dental insurance is covered through my mom's insurance do I have to use the same dentist as her?

I don't live with my mom but I'm covered under my mom's dental insurance company. I've made an appointment with her dentist but they can't get me in until September!!!!!! my teeth hurt so bad and are in bad shape. Is it possible to call around to other dentists to see who can get me in quicker as long as they accept my dental insurance?? My boss is giving me every other friday off with pay. I need to start going every other friday to the dentist to keep up my teeth.
--------------------
No .. all you have to do is call around and see who takes your insurance. Or if your mother has a copy of the insurance book... it should list all of the doctors and dentist in there along with their phone number and you can call and see if they take your insurance. As long as they take it you can see them. Others may get you in a little quicker. Just a suggestion I am not sure where you are from but I would not use a family dentistry if there is one in your area. I have had nothing but trouble with them.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment