Sunday, February 6, 2011

Has anyone else had major problems with their gums/ dental issues during pregnancy?

Right from the beginning of this pregnancy, my gums became tender and bled a lot.. now I actually have "growths" on part of my lower gums. My husband's dental insurance will kick in this week, so luckily I will be able to make an appointment in a week or two, but I'm very nervous, and due to have the baby in only 5 weeks, so they probably won't be able to do anything to help until after...
--------------------
Your mouth is the 1st place the baby takes nutrients from. They can work on your teeth while you're pregnant. I fact it's very important to go to the dentist atleast once during your pregnancy. If you get an infection it will get in your blood stream & be passed on to the baby. I had the same problems with my gums. I went to the dentist when I was 7 months & had to get a tooth pulled.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment