Sunday, February 6, 2011

What do you do without Dental or Health insurance?

Hi guys, I've been living in the US for 2,5 years now, lucky to have great dental and medical. But I'm changing jobs so won't have medical/ dental for a while. What do I do in case of an emergency - break a bone, tooth ache?? (serious question) I'm from Europe, so it seems so foreign to me that one would not be able to have access to a doctor in those cases.....
--------------------
I know of 2 options that you have. Option 1: You could look into a short term major medical policy through an independent insurance agent. They are cheap, but have high deductible amounts. If you don't think that you will have to go to the doctor, etc, then the high deductible wouldn't be so bad. Option 2: You could check into a discount health plan. I have located a website that compares discount health plans, as I only have personal experience with Ameriplan. I have listed both sites below as sources. I would compare monthly premiums, number of local providers, and savings you would receive on general visits. I hope that one of these might work for you.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment