Sunday, February 6, 2011

I don't know what to do about insurance?

I make too much money to get assistance from social services and I don't make enough to pay for dental insurance. Does anyone have any advice? I really need to see a dentist. Thanks in advance. I live in upstate New York
--------------------
** I had the same thing happen to me, and ended up letting my teeth go for a few years. I finally HAD to do something, so after a lot of searching I stumbled upon this dentalplans.com. Its not "Dental Insurance", but a Discount Plan. There are a bunch of different options to choose from, but basically you pay a one time fee of $75-$100, (basically a membership fee) and then get a huge list of great dentists to choose from that accept the plans. I chose the NDA plan which gives you about 80% off the cost of everything... It makes it a do-able deal now. My total estimate w/out the plan was going to be $6,500.00. With the plan it is going to be $1,500.00. A HUGE difference! The dentist I was afraid was going to be terrible, w/ a million people in the waiting room, and a 5 hour wait, for a check up, but I was so wrong. Its in a great part of town, a new office, and I got right in, and right out, like you wouldn't believe! So look them up, and good luck! **
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment