Friday, February 25, 2011

How can I get my gums to stop bleeding?

About a month and a half ago, I had a crown and 2 cavities filled. Since then, I have lost my dental insurance. Over the past 3-4 weeks, my gums have been bleeding. It seems to be getting worse. Everytime I brush my teeth there is blood in the sink. I'm getting a little worried but I don't have the money to go back to my dentist right now without the insurance. Is there any thing I can do or try to help with the bleeding?
--------------------
Floss your teeth daily! Bleeding gums are often a sign that you don't floss enough. Plaque builds up between the teeth and causes inflammation that causes bleeding. Did you know that research shows that if you regularly floss your teeth, it can increase your life by 6 years! The inflammation from your gums can go to your heart and other arteries and cause inflammation there also.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment