Friday, February 25, 2011

Should I do what my dentist says and go into years of debt, or should I find a different dentist?

My dentist wants me to spend thousands of dollars on six crowns and one implant. He wants me to save money to do one per year and won't listen to my excuses that I can't save that much money that fast. Since they are considered cosmetic procedures, my dental insurance doesn't cover any of it. He keeps "bugging" me about it every six months I get my teeth cleaned.
--------------------
Definately get a 2nd opinion! I had to have a bridge made for my bottom 4 front teeth.I wanted a partial,that I could put in and take out.(I call them hockey teeth). My dentist at the time(5 yrs ago) said,"no,thats not a good idea,but cementing this bridge in will last for 20 yrs or more" Well, the bridge fell out this past summer,messed up about 3 more teeth,and I had to get another bridge made.Difference is, a better dentist, had a partial made,and put me on a dental plan. Your dentist reminds me of my first one,only wanting the $$$ ! Good luck.....Altho it cost me another $1200(after insurance),I am much happier!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment