Friday, February 25, 2011

How should I care for my toddler's bottle tooth decay until we can get to a dentist?

We had a fairly casual oral hygeine routine for my 22-month old until recently we noticed bad breath and more plaque buildup (we assumed it was due to changing diet). After beginning a more aggressive brushing routine, we noticed the top half of his upper front teeth have moderate decay. (The rest of his teeth are spotless :( ) Our dental insurance kicks in in two weeks, and I have two questions: given that we are now taking scrupulous care of his teeth, will it advance quickly enough that we should run him to a dentist RIGHT NOW and deal with the debt, or will it hold steady? And two, can I cause more damage to his teeth through incautious cleaning until they are repaired? Please, I'm begging anyone with dental training to help me.
--------------------
you said the insurance kicks in in four weeks and you are taking good care now of his teeth and he is NOT in pain. if it were my child i would wait. 4 weeks in this case is not probably going to change the outcome UNLESS you see visible swelling or the child has pain.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment