Saturday, February 12, 2011

I need a lot of dental work done, probably in the thousands?

I have several large cavities, broken and chipped teeth, and probably need a few roots canal. My insurance only covers about 1400 a year (cigna) what can I do? My bad teeth problem started with the military, using students to do dental work on soldiers for free, and thus shoddy quality.
--------------------
I would do as much treatment that will maximize your insurance for this year. Then on January 1st of 2011, continue the treatment, you'll have a fresh $1400 to use up. Also, if you can't wait and need to do all the treatment right away, or goes beyond the insurance coverage and money you can pay out of pocket, you can look into www.carecredit.com which offers up to 18 months zero interest for dental work. After all your dental treatment, I suggest going in routinely for checks and cleanings, your hygienist is there to keep bacterial levels low in your mouth and will keep you informed of anything starting in your mouth. If he/she isn't vocal about the health of your mouth and tips to help you personally, don't hesitate to ask, they are there to prevent more dental treatment.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment