Saturday, February 12, 2011

Is it possible to work in a Dental Office before having an AS?

I am moving to WA from FL soon. I have done all my paper work and, but the college I applied to is requiring that I work at a Dental Office prior to applying for their Dental Hygiene program. I was wondering if that was possible and how can I go about accomplishing that? I have administrative experience, but have never worked with insurance.
--------------------
You will most likely not be accepted to the program unless you have years of Dental Assisting experience. Unfortunately many Dental Assistants are now applying to be Hygienists, and those individuals will get the open school slots before you. This is because they will have a significant amount of knowledge about the dental field, and most of them will have an outstanding interview. You on the other hand probably know nothing about teeth, the mouth, etc..., so you won't be able to hold a "dental intelligent" conversation. I suggest you get some assisting experience before you even think of applying to Hygiene school.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment