Saturday, May 7, 2011

Auto Insurance/attorney.?

I was involved in a parking lot accident about a month ago. I was backed into while i was trying to park in the parking spot next to the car backing. She literally did not look behind her and cut her wheel before she started backing instead of backing straight out of the spot and gunned it. Common sense tells me if you back up into something its your fault because you should have seen it, however her insurance has placed me at fault because she said I hit her (I was trying to back up but only managed to put my car into neutral because there wasn't enough time and I didn't honk because my reaction was to move out of the way) I have about $2000 dollars worth of damage to the side fender of my car (how can i hit someone with the side of my car?) So I've missed a months worth of income and I can now go back to work but not with my full time status only part time because my employer only has part time to offer me now. I am still going to the doctor and paying out of pocket for it, I'm taking prescriptions i have to pay for, and also physical therapy three times a week. My lawyer told me today that it may not be worth going after. So I'm left with a broke car, medical bills, and lost wages because someone was negligent and backed into me? I am not prepared to let someones negligence cost me a vehicle (which will not run because the radiator is busted),who knows what in medical costs, and my full time job status, along with my benefits (health, dental, vision, prescription, life insurances) . Has anyone been in this srt of situation or can anyone offer some advice? I mean really, how can i hit another vehicle with the side of my car while it is in neutral?
--------------------
If you have a good insurance company, they should have handled the situation for you. That really is the difference between good auto insurance and cheap insurance. I've been in the same situation before, and after going through all the bs (and switching to a legit insurance company), I feel a civil lawsuit is the only way to get things done anymore.. Which is sad. Good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment