Saturday, May 7, 2011

If you work in a dental office or have had IV sedation please answer this question?

I am going to have to have like 5 teeth pulled (4 wisdom and 1 regular.) My "insurance" will cover the actual extractions and the X-rays and such, but I don't think they will cover IV sedation. Sorry, but I am a chicken and I will not have anything done unless I am asleep because of a bad past experience. 1) How much average does it cost to have IV sedation done? (This is an office the takes mostly Medicaid patients and that's what my insurance is.) 2) If I paid for like half of it and they billed me a few months for the rest do you think the oral surgeon would do it? (I could pay for the whole thing if it was under $200)
--------------------
Hi! I had my wisdom teeth out almost a year ago. Like you,my insurance would not cover the sedation. It was so worth it though. They put the needle in and I was asleep in seconds.When I woke up it was all done. The fee was 85 dollars.The dentist let me do payments on the total that my insurance did not cover.Most offices are usually pretty good with payments.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment