Saturday, May 7, 2011

I have been informed by my dentist that i am in need of a deep cleaning.?

he says that in addition to the scaling i will need some sort of laser preventative treatment that will go deeper in the gums than the scaling is able to go. This procedure is not covered by my dental insurance and will cost me an additional $1524.00. Should i ask for the pocket numbers so i can tell the severity of my condition. I feel like the dental office is scamming me to get more money out me. I am covered by one of the best health coverage plans in the united states and find it shocking that this is such an important procedure and is not covered by my health care provider. Does anyone know what this procedure might be called. Do you think i should pay the money and get what they are suggesting or are they scamming me. I don't mind spending the money if it will help bu i certainly dont want to be scammed.
--------------------
If it were me, I would get a second opinion before I spent that kind of money. That place very well could be scamming you. Talk to some friends or co-workers and find another dentist to give you an complete exam and their opinion. Tell the new dentist what the other dentist has suggested and see what the new one thinks. Be smart with your money as well as your health. By the way, my dentist told me he thought I should have a deep cleaning too but did tell me that I might be able to reverse some of the damage by really flossing well each time I brushed. Long story short, flossing worked for me and no deep cleaning.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment