Saturday, May 7, 2011

What do you guys think I should do?

Ok, I accepted a new job making twice my current wages, plus I'll have (company paid) medical/dental/vision insurance. I told my new boss (who is actually friends with my old boss) that I needed 2 weeks notice for my current employer, and he was fine with that. Well, I got home from work tonight to a message on my voicemail that he'd like for me to start training next week. My new boss just found out at 5 this evening that they're going to be having some special 3 day training, and he thinks it'd be perfect for me. Well, I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place, because my current bosses are friends of my family, and have been for about 10 years, and I'd really like to stick out the 2 weeks, even though I'm really excited about this new job and would have no qualms about starting tomorrow. The only thing I've come up with is to request those 3 days off so that I can do training at the new job, and finish off my 2 weeks at the old job.
--------------------
Your solution sounds very mature and responsible and both parties involved should accommodate you. You seem to have come up with a clever, mutually beneficial solution.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment