Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cobra Insurance quitting a job?

Do I need to have health, or can I just take the dental? How long can I extend my dental through Cobra? Do I have the same discounts or whatever as I would with Delta Dental? Or do I pay more out of pocket for the insurance itself, and more out of pocket to my dentist?
--------------------
COBRA continuation healthcare coverage allows you to keep your healthcare coverage when you leave a job for up to 18 months after leaving. However, you are responsible for the entire monthly premium, the employer pays none of it after you no longer work there. I am not sure if you can take just the dental, you will have to ask the employer. Everything will stay exactly as it is now, except that you are paying the whole monthly premium.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment