Monday, May 23, 2011

Does Anyone Know About Safeway's Health Insurance Policies?

My husband works full time at Safeway. He's been there for 15 months and we STILL don't have our health insurance. When he first started he was told he'd get his insurance in 3 months, but than the manager that told him that transferred and he was told by another manager that he would get it in 12 months. Well, November rolled around and he was told that he wouldn't get health insurance until 15 months (february) and dental in 18...well, its been 15 months and nothing is being done! And thats not all, I have epilepsy and sometimes my husband needs to stay home with me...but now they're saying that he needs a note from my doctor confirming that I need him home! We can't afford that. Hello!! He works at Safeway and we don't have insurance! We can't afford for me to go to the doctor's every time I have seizures!! I get they're running a business but it doesn't seem right they're demanding note without insurance!
--------------------
First, Safeway must have a written employee policy and benefits manual. What does it say? Second, is your husband in a union? If so, enlist the union's help.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment