Monday, May 23, 2011

How can I disenroll in DEERS?

my husband is UA and I need to drop Tricare because I can get a better insurance that covers medical/dental. They are telling me that I cant cancel DEERS or TRICARE. Why is that?
--------------------
Who is "they"? You don't have to use Tri-Care. You don't have to be enrolled in Tri-Care. Have your husband fill out the paperwork disenrolling you in Tri-Care if that's what you want to do. You DO NOT, however, want to disenroll from DEERS. DEERS is what makes sure you have an ID card. Who told you that you have to drop Tri-Care in order to get another insurance? That's BS. Tri-Care is more than willing to let someone else pay first. In fact, that's what they have to do. If you went to the ER, Tri-Care will be the last insurance company to receive a bill.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment