Monday, May 23, 2011

resorting to taking out my own tooth?

I have been between jobs for the past eight months.this means that I have no health or dental insurance. I have tried applying for medicaid & stuff but I dont qaulify since some of the jobs I get pay between $10-$12 an hour.Im in such a bad place, I have been forced to file exempt for my taxes just to make ends meet. well, I have had a bad tooth for the past four months and now it has just got worse.pain killers dont work anymore and it really needs to be taken out.I cant find a volunteer clinic that will take me as a patient beacuse they say I make mopre that $8 an hour so I will need to pay an extraction fee in the $400.00 range. i just cant afford this so I am thinking fo just taking it out myself. does anyone have an idea how I can do this or maybe have an idea of a dental service that will understand my situation. I cant afford regualr fees, right now , my car note , inusrance & registration have not been paid so things are really bad. Help me out with this tooth.Live in Atlanta
--------------------
I was in the same situation you are, however I went and got the tooth pulled last week it cost a total of $259 including X-rays. But now I have an infection in it so i have to go back to the dentist today, I hope she dont charge me extra for this. So if i got an infection while it was professionaly done, then doing it yourself will probally give you a higher chance at getting one. I live in Maryland and the ranges are 100-300. If you tell the dentist not to X-ray you and just pull the tooth out, It will be alot cheaper, they understand that you dont have Insurance.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment