Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dental x-rays necessary?

I am 29yrs old...I don't have dental insurance, I pay cash for my dentist. My teeth are healthy,no cavities or gum disease or anything like that. Last yr a dentist took 5 yr x ray films, however I changed dentists and she wants to do x-rays in August since it's been a year. It will cost me about $150 or so for the exam, cleaning, and x-rays. My question is, can I decline x-rays and if so will she still do an exam and clean my teeth? I dont feel that x-rays are necessary for my health status and age. Thanks.
--------------------
X ray is take to clear doubts. If the dentist has a doubt that a cavity is forming between two teeth then he will ask for an X ray. Some times manual examination can miss cavities.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment