Thursday, June 16, 2011

How Would I go About Getting my own Insurance?

I'll be 17 in a few months and have not seen my doctor in three years and my dentist in six. My mother refuses to take me because we lost our insurance when I was 13.[Regardless she goes to the doctor three times a year and the dentist just because her tooth is sore or needs a cleaning, etc. And my father goes every three months to both Dr. and dentist and my brother goes to al kinds of doctors and psychiatrists and blood tests and all. Where am I in this? Apparently no where.] I went to my boyfriend's dentist appointment today adn he asked how much a visit would be without insurance and they told him $259 for clean up and X-ray. He didn't asked for teeth puling.[I need appx. six pulled an cavity fillings.] He told me he would pay half if my mother or me come up with the other half. So, I'm just getting sick of being excluded and in pain[physical pain and being sick.] I have a job and I will be moving out in a year, but my health status is getting worse and I can't wait another year. [Been waiting since before middle school and I'll be a Jr this year.] I need to see if I can get a diagnosis for the pain in my joints. [I assume it's the arthritis that runs in my family. All the women get it when they are about my age.] My boyfriend will assist in the payments, so that will help a lot. I'm especially worried about dental right now, health later on. So how do I go about this? What should I look for? My mother won't tell me anything about insurance and my boyfriend doesn't know much about it himself since he is still under his parents insurance through their work because he is in college and living with them still. I would like to ask his parents, but they don't need to know my condition right now.[If they knew, they'd think I'm irresponsible and end up like my mother, which it is the exact opposite.] I know it all depends on the company and whether it is through work or not and all, but I need a general idea.[My work only has it available to managers.]
--------------------
Medical Discount Plan ideal for those who cannot afford or qualify for traditional health insurance. The companies offer discounted health services for a low monthly fee. Benefits include a range of discounts for doctors, hospitals, dental, vision, prescriptions, vitamins, as well as other health services. Medicaid / Low Income Government Plans Medicaid is the United States health government program for individuals and families with low incomes and resources.Medicaid is the largest source of funding for medical and health-related services for people with limited income. Individual & Family Health Plans This is a major health insurance plan for individuals and families. If you are looking for comprehensive long term health insurance coverage for yourself and/or your family members who are 62 years old or younger - this is the plan to choose. Short Term Medical Plans This plan is ideal for individuals in transition. Maybe you have just graduated from college and are no longer covered under your student health insurance or you moved out on your own, and you're no longer covered under your parents' medical insurance plan. Or perhaps you're employed part-time, going to school, leaving home for the first time, or even retiring early. Maybe you've found a new job, but your new employer's group health insurance plan won't kick in until you've been with months. My suggestion is trying to absorb as much information as you can before making up your mind,here is a good one.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment