Thursday, June 16, 2011

Do you think my dental problem can kill me?

I'm 19 years old and I don't have dental insurance. I never went to the dentist as a child...and I've only been a few times in my life because my deadbeat father with insurance doesn't really care about me. I've had two teeth pulled and I need two more pulled. The worse one is a wisdom tooth on the right. It's not even a tooth anymore. It is just the outside with a giant hole in the middle and now a piece of inflammed skin is in the middle. IT KILLS me when pressure is applied to it. Or it hurts for no reason. The gum surrounding it hurts too...it even goes to my ears. Sometimes I have to use a needle and poke the surrounding gum to make it bleed and it relieves the pain somewhat. The tooth on the other side is just as bad but it doesn't hurt as much. I'm not so good at describing it...but it's just soo painful...so horrible. Do you think this can lead to some serious life or death issues?
--------------------
Yes, it can actually. If the pulp of the tooth becomes infected, the infection can spread and kill just like any other infection. It certainly sounds infected to me, so you better get it extracted ASAP. If you cannot afford a dentist and/or are uninsured, look into a free dental clinic or go to the Emergency Room at a hospital.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment