Thursday, June 16, 2011

This question is about insurance/billing?

So I finally scheduled my dentist appointment for April 19. I had asked a lot of questions but the facility where I want to go to...make is sound very confusing. So...as a new patient, all I have to do is make sure I bring in my dental insurance card and they will do all the insurance for me. Im guessing...call up the insurance and verify that im a member. Then they said that they usually want payment before any procedures are done. Well... how do I know when to go to the dentist with extra cash to pay up front fees when they have to submit my claims after visits to get the procedures done?! It's so confusing =( Just let me know your experiences on insurance billing and claims for dental work! Thanks!
--------------------
Call your insurance company and ask if there is a co-pay for dental visits. That is probably the easiest thing to do:) It could take a couple of weeks to process the claims from the procedures, so they will send you a bill. Usually, the dentist office will work with you for payments.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment