Thursday, June 23, 2011

I have to take my ex to court and I am nervous. Can Anyone tell me what to expect?

I have to take my ex back to court because he is contempt of court. Per our divorce decree he is to keep our kids covered under medical/dental insurance until they are 19. He recently quit his job with full benefits to take a job that does not have any medical or dental coverage. He says he cannot afford to pay COBRA. He has it is his head that a judge is just going to say "Oh well" because he isn't going to cover them, but I am praying that it isnt the case. I dont have insurance of my own, I am on Medical Assistance and am trying to get my kids on there as well, but I just dont think it's fair that he can just get off scott free. We havent been to court since the day our divorce was finalized so I am a little nervous. Any advice you have will be helpful.
--------------------
Don't worry. He is in contempt and the judge will ask him why, etc. You may be asked to speak with a mediator, but I doubt it. Try not to be nervous, it should go in your favor with very little for you to say or do, just that your present and offer proof on your behalf.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment